I think you might be experiencing the same thing I did. I got around the
issue by using the third party Custom Clock applet (thanks Erland). I
took the standard digital clock with black background that comes with
Erland's applet and then set the letters/numbers to be dark grey. This
had the effect of making the clock screensaver quite a lot darker. This
could work for you as you will then be able to turn the overall minimum
brightness up so the navigate screens are bright enough but the clock
screensaver not too bright.

Erland digital clock is much better laid out than the Logitech offering
too.

I am glad I am not alone with this problem. Up till now I thought I
was.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known

Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen