OK I'm one of those crazy people who put my SBR on the dresser instead
of the nightstand. I like the alarm to come on with NPR news at 8am and
I spend a few minutes in bed listening, then allow the "alarm" to keep
playing while I get ready. I leave the house at 9am, which is exactly
when the alarm times out, so I don't need to interact with the radio at
all.

Why then, when I return home at 5pm, do I go to look at the time on my
radio and still see the "Snooze/Turn off alarm" screen? It makes it so I
cannot read the current time unless I go right up to it, at which point
I can then hit the power button and get my large clock display back.

I've read this entire thread and I see and understand all the different
viewpoints on the merits of this screen and button presses and all that.
Frankly I don't care much either way, if the display times out or stays
up throughout the entire alarm.

But -why on earth- does it remain up -after- the alarm has timed out?
Once the alarm has shut itself off, the choice of "Snooze" or "Turn off
alarm" has already been made for me automatically, so the screen should
go away on its own!

Someone please tell me that at least that much will be fixed in 7.4.2.
Like I said, I don't really care much about which button does what or if
that screen stays up throughout the entire alarm or times out after x
seconds, but it needs to go away once the alarm times out. I hope we can
all agree on that!

If anyone who has used 7.4.2 can comment on that I'd really appreciate
it. I'm lacking the time to mess with my server at the moment, but if I
knew this was fixed for sure then I might have to make some time to
install 7.4.2.

Thanks!

--
bookemdano