My measurements of the boom were similar to bluegaspode's as well.

I agree though. I love the VFD. It's dead I guess, so there is no way
of turning back, but I do hope the next Boom has a really good and large
display. I may need another boom for another room later on, and if it
won't have the VFD, to make up for it I would at least like a large
display. But if they make it a touch display, please keep the physical
preset buttons. These really make the Boom and Radio usable for me. One
button to my presents, whether radio or playlists. I wouldn't want to
have to touch the screen to activate, then play around until I get the
screen with the presets etc.

--
Justme