peter.s;520895 Wrote:
> External connectivity could only be restored by resetting the router.

> So I reset router and went back to bed.

I'd blame the router.

My Belkin dies randomly, whether playing music or not.  My personal
guess is that it runs out of memory: it was lasting about 5 minutes
between reboots when it was a real router and I had a web server
port-forwarded behind it.

Now it usually lasts for a few days, though I've seen it crash twice in
30 minutes.

It only lasts that long since I'm not using it as a router any more,
just as an AP, but it knocks off everything at once, so I blame it.

You may want to see if there is a firmware upgrade for the router.
Mine has never had an upgrade, though maybe you're lucky.

(We won't get into why my cable modem does something similar until I
remove power and plug it back in... since it does telephone it has a
working battery inside it, and in fact doesn't reboot when I remove
power, but it goes from silent to passing data as soon as I unplug the
power... and stays that way for a while after plugging it in... it must
do some sort of minor reset when power is removed, but no clue what.)

--
snarlydwarf