When I bought the SB radio, I had the idea that I could use it as an
alarm clock, internet radio and streaming music player when my computer
was switched on.  I did not realise that to do all three would require
my computer to be on all the time.  In the days when people are worrying
about a few watts of standby power, this seems ludicrous.  I don't want
to leave my computer on all the time, or have it boot up just to stream
an alarm sound.  Is it really not possible to have the option to use
direct internet connection (mysb) for radio and alarm functionality
(better still store alarm times and sounds internally) and only connect
to the computer for streaming?  As it is, if I stream from the computer
I need a dozen button pushes/twists (often requires several attempts) to
get it to reconnect to mysb.  All I want is for it to automatically
connect to mysb when the squeezebox server is not detected (e.g., when
pressing a preset button from standby mode).  Maybe the option is
already there and I just haven't found it.  I'd be grateful is someone
could enlighten me.

--
GrahamD