Hans_NL;534669 Wrote:
> There isn't much guess work involved when it comes to IP addresses,
> unless one is using anonymous proxies (which I do occasionally on a
> notebook to bypass silly region discrimination). The radio however is
> just plain connected at all times, no proxies involved. All websites I
> visit know immediately that my location is the Netherlands.

oh, really?

GeoIP is guesswork with some input from a variety of sources, some of
which is public (whois, which, well, is often wrong, since it is the
information about the -network- not the host) and some which is private
(including things like addresses filled out on orders, which is also
wrong since people may very well order something to be shipped or
billed elsewhere).

My parents routinely 'move' several hundred miles according to Google
Analytics.

> I followed your advice though, created an account there, did a reset
> and now I live in.... Australia. I'll give it some more time.

You don't need to do a 'reset', you need to attach your MySB account to
Radiotime.  It can take a while for Radiotime to propogate your
location, usually a few hours is sufficient though.

--
snarlydwarf