If you peruse the forums a bit, you'll find that new posters that ask
real questions, provide information about their setup, and are
genuinely trying to get help, in fact get lots of useful assistance
from the regulars around here. More helpful than any forum I frequent.
But posters that start off with wild, unrealistic accusations, that
make no sense often get met with responses they may not like.

The last two firmware updates were the smoothest I've seen in general,
and I have numerous squeezebox products. But this is not to say that
you and some others are not having specific real problems. But whining
about lack of quality control is not the point of these forums. These
forums are USERS, not logitech employees. We try to help as best we
can. But this requires systematic reporting of your situation, your
setup, and the problems you see. Then folks can try to help. I'm no
logitech shill. I was a "junior member" not that long ago and found
lots of useful, helpful advice here. I have lots of these products, and
I've had a few issues here and there (essentially all in my own network
setup by the way), but mostly my setup is rock solid. I can stream my
own music, internet radio, pandora, 15 hours a day with nary a hickup.
And my alarm works too. But I do have a complete wired ethernet network
and that certainly helps me avoid a lot of network issues.

Clearly post your problems, your setup details, etc. and you'll find
lots of help here. Complain and call people names and you'll likely not
find people here willing to help. Yes, Bruce's post was a bit of humor.
Get over it. This is an internet forum. You'll need a bit thicker skin.

--
garym