My Squeezebox Radio has actually been doing OK, for the most part.
Before 7.5.x was released, I had to contact tech support because it
absolutely refused to register with mysb.com and
Sirius/Pandora/Slacker/etc weren't working. i would get the currently
playing track name, album art, but then I'd get an error. The tech
support dude told me that it needed to be set to use mysb.com for
internet streams to work and it shouldn't work if it was pointed to my
local SB server. But it *was* working, that's the thing. He said that
was a bug too.

So.. do I need a local SB server if I'm just using
Sirius/Pandora/Slacker? It's running right now on a Mac OS X Server
box, but the Radio isn't using it at all. The wife loves Sirius in the
morning, and we leave the "natural sounds" audio playing most all night
for white noise.. The alarm has been working OK as well.

I'm asking because I have seen a few of y'all say that things were more
reliable if you were using a local SB server, but I'm using mostly
internet streams.

What's the thought on this?

--
jrnichols