Unfortunately ShoutCast is a very poor solution to the problem.
ShoutCast carries very few rebroadcast streams of AM/FM stations.
Just doing a quick search on ShoutCast for some of the recently posted
station problems in here and not one is even listed.
WABC, WVMW, KVET, KNCN, WJR

Doing another quick search of about ten of my known (from memory) local
AM/FM stations also resulted in zero via ShoutCast.

An added problem would be if one sets a bitrate limit on their
ShoutCast settings making the lower bitrate AM/FM rebroadcast streams
(what few even exist) invisible to the user.

I don't listen to any AM/FM station streams on my SB players anyway,
but I can understand others wanting to do so.

--
toby10