>But maybe it only works this way because the RC is low on battery, IDK.
>I got it with my second hand Boom.

Quite possibly.

I have a Touch and Boom in opposite corners in a medium sized room (Touch
acting as a controller for the Boom).  I found that no matter where I pointed
an IR Remote within the room, the signal was received by both players.  I had
to disable one player from interpretting IR Remote commands, otherwise control
was impossible.

As the Touch is on a desk, within arms reach, there was no need for IR Remote
control, so I disabled this.  I too am suprised there is no built-in option to
control IR Remote useage, like Classic player settings, seeing that it was
simple to patch.

Phil