ww1223;572536 Wrote:

> For what it's worth, I noticed one inaccuracy in my original post - the
> restart doesn't happen within a few seconds, rather the 'Goodbye'
> message stays frozen on the screen for about a minute, and then the
> restart gets going.

Oooh that's an interesting piece of data: sounds like the shutdown
isn't working for some reason, then the watchdog kicks in ("hey, things
are confused, let me reboot!") and nullifies the shutdown by
rebooting..

Of course the -why- of that is a different matter.

My Radio is on a different network than I am (even though I'm a foot
from it... it's on a cable modem instead of using the expensive work
bandwidth) so I can't check, but if you're comfortable with it, it
would be interesting if you could log into the radio and see if it's
logged something about why the shutdown failed.

You'd have to turn on ssh, log in to the radio and there are log files
in /var/log I believe.  Or let Mickey or someone else here step you
through things.. or send it back so they can.

That bit of data though is valuable.

--
snarlydwarf