Cape11;579361 Wrote:
> Sorry if this has been asked before:
>
> I've read that this radio needs 45 seconds to start up. I presume this
> includes the time to make the handshake with the WiFi system. Is this
> timing accurate? 45 seconds seems a long time to wait for it to burst
> into life.

That's perhaps right if you turn it completely off (unlike other SB
products, the Radio does have a 'real' off mode).  If you leave it in
quasi-off mode, it turns on quickly.

In Quasi-off state, it can display a clock or whatever, so most people
do leave it in this state.  (It can also wake itself up completely for
alarms, etc... in 'real off', it's effectively unplugged and won't wake
itself up.  Why?  Because if you pack it in your suitcase and hit the
road, a radio with batteries would wake up and start playing default
alarm sounds at your alarm time.. this would tend to panic those
Security incident.... since it has batteries, the "Real off" is useful
to silent it completely when it needs it.)

--
snarlydwarf