bpa;593030 Wrote:
> It sounds like mplayer is not running.  I think a special version of
> mplayer and the custom-convert.conf file is needed for Synology NAS
> because of shortcoming of the NAS Linux.
>
> Are you running SSODS ?

Thanks for your help bpa. I'm using Synology provided package. In my
squeezecenter installation directory, there's only a convert.conf and a
types.conf. What's custom-convert.conf, and what should be in it?

mplayer is an ARM binary, not sure how to test further as NAS has no
sound to begin with... startup message is:

Code:
--------------------
    > mplayer -v
  MPlayer SVN-r29700-snapshot-3.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
  CPU: ARM
  get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
  Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf':
No such file or directory
  Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
  Using built-in default codecs.conf.

--
haschmich