Martinander;597480 Wrote:
> I want to buy an internet radio for one reason only.
>
> I want to be able to listen to Radio5 on the BBC, but because of the
> hours I work I miss the programs as they go out live.
>
> They post these programs "Drive" and "Breakfast" on the BBC website and
> they are available to listen to for a week after being
> broadcast....these are NOT podcasts. I can listen on my PC but want a
> radio that I can use when my PC is switched off.
>
> Can a Logitech Squeezebox do this? Can someone actually try to listen
> to, say, yesterdays broadcast of "Drive" or "Breakfast" to see if it
> actually works?
>
> Many thanks
> Martin

Absolutely - these are supported by a third party addition which is
specifically designed to support BBC listen again programs.

To clarify the two responses you have had (and in case anyone else has
this question), there are two versions of my BBC listen again
addtions:

1) "BBC Radio" applet which runs on the newer players - specifically
Radio and Touch.  This works in conjunction with the Logitech server
"My Squeezebox.com" which controls your player from over the internet
and is intended for users with just a Radio or Touch player.

2) "BBCiPlayer" plugin which requires you to have a local PC/NAS server
machine running Squeezebox server (SBS).  This supports all the old
squeezebox players and has some additional functionality, so for users
already running squeezebox server it is the best solution.

Assuming you buy a Radio, to install the BBCRadio Applet:
- go to the settings, advanced, applet installer menu
- select "BBC Radio" applet and install it
- when the player reboots it should show a new menu item under Internet
Radio which includes all listen again streams.

--
Triode