Right, we aren't a "partner".  Some history:

Very early on (2005?) someone in the community wrote a Shoutcast plugin
that used their open XML interface to access the directory.
Later, this got moved into MySB and rewritten a couple of times.  It
always used the open API and rarely had any problems.
Last month, for some reason AOL/Shoutcast decided to only allow
official partners to use a new API, and they shut down the old, open
API.  To those using the open API, there wasn't any way of knowing this
unless you happened to read the Winamp forums.  We were never contacted
by AOL about this and only found out about the new partner stuff when
they shut down the open API.

So of course, we are happy to become an official partner.  Since I
expected this would take a long time, I asked for access to the new API
in the interim so we could get back up and running.  The reply I got to
this request was less than helpful, and basically said "sorry, we
aren't accepting any new partners now, try again later." This was when
I decided to disable the app.

Anyway, we are continuing to try to work on this with them, but if
their unhelpful attitude continues much longer we will probably have to
give up.  Maybe something like the 'Icecast directory'
(http://dir.xiph.org) could replace it.

--
andyg