sociedaddelocio;618690 Wrote:
> This piece of shit is so unstable ... My Squeeshitbox is sitting about
> 30 cms from my router but can't even keep streaming well. It seems I
> need go through that stupid work around: reset the system, type
> password... I've done that so many times! I'm not living in the third
> world for deserving this crap! (I mean I have a 100mb/s internet
> connection and my others wireless laptops work just fine).
>
> I'd prefer tips and hints coming out from normal people, not ilogitech
> fanboys, thanks.

what is the wifi strength that is reported by your Radio (on menu,
Settings > Advanced > Player information).

Given how close the radio is to your router, I'd start with simply
connecting via an ethernet cable. Keep in mind that just plugging in
the cable won't convert it to ethernet. You'll need to go through the
factory reset, then choose "ethernet".

If it works fine with ethernet, that means the radio is fine. You can
try WIFI again, but keep these things in mind:

1. make sure your wifi SSID is being broadcast (hiding the SSID
provides NO security anyway)

2. Change the orientation of the router antennas (even a few inches can
really matter)

3. Set router to G only or if an N, to G compabitable but no a or b if
possible.

4. Use a program like netstumbler or vistumber to locate nearby wifi
networks and use a different channel (1,6,11 are best, and most routers
are set to 6 from the factory).

edit: p.s. a laptop will typically work just fine in a wifi situation
that is a problem for most SB players.

--
garym