I was one of those that whined about the lack of backlit buttons at
first. But I find it quite easy to find the right buttons in the dark.
It is ofcourse a matter of how much you use the buttons. Sort of like
with the computerkeyboard.

Anyway The screen goes so dim in the dark, that that is the delimiting
factor for me, not the lack of visible buttons.
I tend to use my smartphone, which I plug in for charging at the
nightstand anyway.

--
Muele

BR Mogens

2 Radios (1 battery), 2 Controllers, 2 Receivers, 1 Softsqueeze (at
work), SqueezeCommander on  Se X10 mini and HTC Desire. Served by an
old 800 mhz IBM T21 Thinkpad (Yes I know most phones have more
cpu-power these days, but it gets the job done).