I have a few Squeezebox Radios (being serviced by a Synology NAS)... it
is a pretty amazing setup - I love these radios!...

...except for one problem. One of my Squeezebox Radios doubles as a
computer speaker via the line-in cable. (Actually, this is its primary
purpose these days: the line-in jack has been connected to the
headphones port on the dock for my notebook computer for a couple of
months.) However, I find that if I'm not using the line-in jack for a
while - e.g., when I remove my notebook from the dock, and return the
next day - then it will no longer recognize input from the line-in
jack. This is odd: the Logitech Radio continues to display that it's in
Line-In mode, and there is clearly audio coming down the wire... but
there is no sound from the Radio.

There is a simple way to restore sound: I can unplug the Line-In cable
from the port on the back of the Radio and plug it right back in - at
which point sound immediately resumes.

This is probably related to the power-saving feature: I have the Radio
set to turn off after (x) minutes of silence/inactivity. However, the
problem isn't as simple as just turning it on: hitting the power button
turns the device on, but there's still no audio from Line-In until I
unplug it and plug it back in.

So I'm guessing that this is a bug with the power-saving feature of the
Radio: it seems like when the Radio returns from power-saving mode, it
fails to route the audio in from the Line-In jack if it's present, and
the routing can only be restored by resetting the routing through an
unplug/replug of the Line-In jack.

Thoughts? Thanks...

--
sfsdfd