On the iTunes store there is not a word that iPeng manages alarms,
sleep, or favorites.

Since those are the features I would expect in a remote control why
aren't they explicitly in the iPeng description?

I have 95 apps on my iPhone. iPeng looks like it does what the iPod app
does, except it does it through a Squeezebox.  That may be useful for a
SB when people buy their apps in the cloud, but right now why wouldn't
I do these things with iTunes and the iPod app?

I invested in a Squeezbox as a bedroom radio in an area with poor FM...
but what is the added value of the iPeng app?  I could just plug
speakers into my iPod or iPhone?

--
digitalFlack