bwaldron;655923 Wrote:
> Sometimes the station owners aren't clueless -- they know people are
> listening in other ways (internet radios, smartphone apps like TuneIn)
> and don't like it. They want people to see the ads in their flash
> players, and consider alienating us as collateral damage.

Your view of their motivation seems unlikely to me. You're talking
about RADIO stations - the majority of people use car radios (whether
over the air or satellite) and radios at work. They don't see visual
ads at all.

Internet streaming must represent a pretty small (but growing)
percentage of listeners. Those using non-PC devices are thus a small
percentage of a small percentage. Execs at stations who make these
kinds of decisions have many factors in mind. Or, many may view it as
something trivial and just go with what their IT or corporate advisers
say. Don't view it as a conspiracy against your listening preference.

Maybe someone here works in the radio industry and can comment.

--
Goodsounds