erland wrote:
> As I've understood most Squeezebox users only get a single device, users
> in your situation with no new rooms to put another Squeezebox in might
> be common in this community but it's very rare when looking at the
> complete Squeezebox user base. Also, the general public are moving
> towards premium streaming services and most premium streaming services
> doesn't work with software based players like iPhone/Android because
> Logitech blocks them from mysqueezebox.com. I think even Triode's
> Spotify plugin is blocking some software players because Spotify doesn't
> allow him stream the content to unknown devices, only to real
> Squeezeboxes.

Perhaps not quite as convenient, but if I'm using my android device (or
iOS), I can just use the app for the appropriate service, eg. rhapsody,
di.fm, spotify, etc.  This way I also have access to services that
squeezebox doesn't have an app for, like jazzradio, rockradio, etc.

You're right that my situation is unique, however I don't feel the need
to stock up on spares like my life depends on it in case of a nuclear
strike :-) .

At the same token, I hope logi comes up with a way to better deal with
local music and broadens the player line with a UE boom and touch.