Paul Webster wrote:
> One of the issues that annoys Squeezebox users is that the new UE Radio
> cannot sync with the Squeezebox devices.
> I know that UE Radio relies on the new server in the sky but I wonder if
> it could be possible to implement a local sync server (ideally as part
> of LMS). Perhaps Logitech would consider adding something into the UE
> Radio firmware to make such a thing feasible.

Everything is possible, but at the moment the main problem is that they
don't allow us to easily install third party applets/plugins:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-UE/Open-UE-Smart-Radio-for-third-party-plugins-applets/td-p/894572

It's still possible to run third party stuff, but it gets a bit too
complicated for normal users to install it at the moment.

Reading between the lines in their announcement I think it's fairly
clear, they have offered us an "upgrade" path for the Squeezebox Radio
but I don't think we should expect Logitech to make the other
Squeezeboxes work in the UE system. The Squeezebox Touch could probably
be patched by third parties to make it work in the UE system, but before
doing that I'd like to wait a bit and see if Logitech really is planning
to invest resources in the UE Smart Radio system, it's not worth doing
if they don't plan to invest more development resources on the UE stuff
than what they have done on the Squeezebox during last 1-2 years. The
Classic/Boom/Transporter/Duet is unlikely to ever work in the UE system,
I think they have to little memory to make it realistic, they couldn't
even fit all the codecs they wanted in the firmware if I remember
correctly.

If you are just talking about synchronization between two UE devices
without dependency to the cloud server, I think we are likely going to
see something like that if Logitech and ISP's can't make it reliable
with the cloud server at uesmartradio.com.