APDK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to change the prompt of the ssh session from # to
> something like "hostname#" and save this?
> I would like this to see on which of the 3 Squeezebox Radio's I have I
> am working.
>
> I can change the prompt with #PS1="hostname #" during the session but
> can not save this.
> The next time I log in I've got the # again.
>
> thanks,

This works for me

Code:
--------------------

  echo "PS1=\"\`hostname\` #\"" > /root/.profile

Or if you want to set it to something custom and not the /etc/hostname
value:

Code:

  echo "PS1=\"mywonderfulsqueezebox #\"" > /root/.profile

Basically create a /root/.profile file which contains the same command
you run from the command prompt.