Do you mean the setting under (via the web ui) Settings > Player tab >
Audio > Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain?  That's the only setting I see
that has a "No Volume Adjustment" setting. That setting does not lock
the digital volume at 100%. Rather, it controls whether -- and if so,
how -- LMS uses replay gain tags that may be in the file.

I suspect that your Duet Receiver has Settings > Player tab > Audio >
Volume Control set to "Output level is fixed at 100%", because that's
the setting that locks the digital volume. That setting does not exist
for the SB Radio because the Radio is an all-in-one box, for which users
in most settings would not want to disable the volume control. Are you
sending the Radio's signal to a pre-amp or something via the headphone
output? While this is possible, it's not a normal use case.