ralphy wrote:
> The Convert to Squeezebox menu option worked for me, I reverted mine as
> soon at it arrived last week.
>
> When I first turned it on and setup networking, the ue radio downloaded
> the 10.0.1 firmware.  Then I reverted it using the menu option.
>
> It took about 10 minutes and you need to be patient, select the option,
> confirm any prompts, (don't remember if I had to) and then leave it
> alone.
>
> It sat displaying the home menu for several minutes, so I thought it
> wasn't working but then it downloaded and installed two rounds of
> firmware before it completed.  Don't know if that's normal, perhaps the
> first download failed.
>
> Note I have a local 7.8 lms server on my network.

This is what I got every time:

Settings -> Advanced -> Switch to Squeezebox

Then you are presented with options to "Cancel" "Free Your Music" or
"Update Manually"

Cancel does what you would expect, but the other two options result in
"Failed to register your player for migration. Please try again!"

My UE Radio did the same thing when I turned it on as everyone elses. I
gave it the wifi password and it updated the firmware to 10.0.1
successfully. This step did not fail.