buffettck wrote:
> I didn't really change the angle.  I just elevated it a bit, but I guess
> it helped.  My router doesn't have an external antenna anyway.

Yes, but changing the entire routers orientation will do the same thing
as moving external antennas.  That's why almost all routers have the
ability to be hung on a wall versus just sitting flat on a table.  This
offers different orientation options depending on ones needs and
environment.

WiFi signals are not an equal isotropic "sphere" where the signal is the
same in all directions all the way around the antenna.  WiFi signals are
generally more of a donut shape or can be very directional depending on
the hardware being used.  This is why orientation, even in small
measures, can make a big difference in WiFi throughput, signal strength,
reliability, etc..