Hello All,

my Radio disconnects too easily even if the wi-fi access point is very
close.

If I move it to the bathroom, which is only next door, it will loose
connection.

I tried to investigate, and compared my laptop iwconfig with the Radio:

Radio
eth1      AR6000 802.11g  ESSID:"LaScala"
Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.432 GHz  Access Point:
C4:34:6B:1C:49:D0
Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
Retry:on
Encryption key:off
Link Quality:25/94  Signal level:-70 dBm  Noise level:-96 dBm

Laptop
wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"LaScala"
Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.432 GHz  Access Point:
C4:34:6B:1C:49:D0
Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry short limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality=68/70  Signal level=-42 dBm

You can already see that the laptop performances better.

I am in the same room, at 6 meters from the AP.

Is this performance normal/acceptable?

Could it have weakened in time?

Should I try to replace the module?

Thanks for your comments,

ciao,

-Gian

town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox
Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Ubuntu 12.4 LTS server
country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity
A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic (2), SB Touch, Ubuntu
12.4 LTS server