So, I had to switch over to UE Smart Radio to get all my Clear Channel
radio stations back that need the iHeart Radio app.  Now, I see no way
to do podcasts either on the SBR unit itself or through Tunein.  Am I
screwed and just relegated to using the wifi on my smart phone?  Thanks.

Unfortunately the release of the Podcast feature was post-poned to improve the user experience.... and then the product line got dropped. So no, it's not available on the UESR. The best bet you have is to try to find the podcast in the Radios menu.

--

Michael