.
I have done a bunch of searching but can't find an answer to my question
(so if it's been answered just point me to the proper thread).

Question: If an original SB Radio has accepted the UE Smart Radio
firmware upgrade, can it be changed back to an SB Radio?

I thought I read someplace that if an original SB Radio accepts the UE
Smart Radio update, it can't change back to an SB Radio again. This
could have been before the mod to change a new UE Smart Radio into an SB
Radio. The reason for the question is I am looking at buying some SB
Radios and several users have no idea if they were updated to UE Smart
Radio or not. Two of the owners don't even have the power supply anymore
so they can't even power them up and check. If they have been updated to
UE Smart Radio, I want to make sure they can be changed back to regular
SB Radios before I buy them.

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini