My's Radio's on/off button started to require hard or long presses to
function, so I dismantled the Radio thinking I'd have to stick on a new
conductive pad or coat the existing pad with Remote Restore. To my
surprise, the pad and PCB contacts were covered in a layer of grease or
oil, just in the vicinity of the on/off button, and after cleaning it
off the button works as new. I don't know where the grease or oil came
from, but read on the Remote Restore website that the manufacturing
process involves baking the flexible keymats to remove excess silicon
oil, and this is sometimes incomplete so the oil can flow and pool. I
opened my Harmony 650 remote and found oil in it too. I thought others
might be interested to know it's a simple fix.