No, I haven't tried Spotify on her one; more just thinking it may be
supported as the screen made specific mention of it! But looking at the
apps at https://www.uesmartradio.com/appgallery it looks like Spotify's
been removed; I never used mine in its original form, as I was running
two other Squeezeboxes and LMS so it made sense to run it as a
Squeezebox. Now that's not the case I thought I could move to running it
without LMS.

Yeah, I'm running LMS on a Pi as well, and it's been pretty much perfect
for the Radio - and I'm sure it's more a wireless issue with the
controllers that caused all the hassles with the Duets, as opposed to
the server itself. I just thought that if Pandora and Spotify worked on
the original firmware it would save me having to run the Pi, but if
that's not the case I may need to re-think this...