I started cherry picking Triode's EDO and my jive_alsa fixes but
eventually decided it would be better to keep the code as close to each
other as possible.  There are new features that are useless to the radio
but cause no harm either.

So I took the latest decode_alsa_backend.c from my 'squeezeplay
repository' (https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeplay) with the patch
to reopen the ALSA device if the number of available frames exceeds the
total number of frames in the buffer applied as well and ended up with
v1.3.

I changed these modules from INFO to WARN on the Radio in
settings->advanced->logging.
["audio.codec"]="WARN"
["audio.decode"]="WARN"
["audio.output"]="WARN"

The error reporting is much better in the updated version, so if/when
you experience an issue, login to the radio and look at
/var/log/messages

The code is available on 'my github site'
(https://github.com/ralph-irving/radiojivealsa.git)

To update jive_alsa to 1.3

Code:
--------------------
    ssh -l root radio

  cd /usr

  wget
http://ralph-irving.users.sourceforge.net/extensions/RadioJiveAlsa-1.3.tgz

  # backup the older version, don't use copy as the file is in use.
  # you must move it out of the way for the new file to be extracted from the
tarball.
  mv bin/jive_alsa bin/jive_alsa-1.0

  tar xzf RadioJiveAlsa-1.3.tgz

  rm RadioJiveAlsa-1.3.tgz

  reboot
--------------------

After the reboot you can delete /usr/bin/jive_alsa-1.0 if you want, but
don't delete the original jive_alsa.bak logitech build.

>From the radio, you can confirm the version after the reboot.

Code:
--------------------
    /usr/bin/jive_alsa -?
  Usage: /usr/bin/jive_alsa *ri1.3* [-v] -d <playback_device> [-c
<capture_device>] [ -t <pcm_timeout>] [ -s <sample_size>] -b <buffer_time> -p
<period_count> -f <flags>

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.