mherger wrote:
> Is the only way to test your work to build myself? Or do you have any
> binaries to give a try?

I have no binaries to try, and won't for quite a while. Hence my
"request" to ralphy.

On the other hand, if your interest is purely practical, you can install
the alternative lua "hacky" patch through erland's patch installer.

My repo is:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mrw-applets/repo.xml

Look for: -Fix up misaligned and/or jittery text after horizontal
scrolling-, and you can join the very exclusive club of users whose
Controller scrolling menus don't jitter.

Warning: the repo xml is on sourceforge. To quote myself from another
context:

> I have found that occasionally the applet does not show up in the
> offered list. In this case, simply back out of the menu and retry. I
> believe that LMS (or sourceforge) is occasionally a bit tardy in
> assembling the list of applets.

You may get the same problem with the patch. FWIW, I think the problem
is sourceforge's tardiness, not LMS.