Just an update in case anyone else stumbles upon my previous post.

I'm still having problems on the older SW release and it appears that
the issue in my case is being caused by recent updates to my home mesh
network firmware (Unifi). All of my other wireless devices continue to
work quite well with my enterprise grade wireless solution other than
the SB Radios.

Since I refuse to cripple my 50 client wireless network to accommodate
the aging SB Radios it appears that my options will be limited to either
putting them out to pasture or installing a wired ethernet bridge at the
location that the SB Radios are being utilized as I don't have ethernet
available there.