Heuer wrote:
> Do you know what channel the Faraday Radio is on, and what channel the
> native Radio is on? I have had problems with my Radio and Boom dropping
> WiFi when connected to Channel 6; C1 and C11 cause no problem. force
> your AP/Router to use either 1 or 11 and try again.

I've been playing with this some more and I've managed to stabilise my
Radios for a few hours at a time now.

Both of them were on the same channel, because they were connected to
the same WiFi SSID which was using a fixed channel. I hadn't tried
*every* channel previously, which was a mistake that I've rectified now.
First, I wanted to make sure *my* WiFi network and Radio connection was
stable when no interference was present, which I confirmed.

No matter which channel I chose, the Radio would only stay connected for
a short period of time. Channels 1, 6, and 11 were almost impossible to
maintain a connect for a few minutes. Other channels would last about 20
mins to an hour.

In addition to disabling "auto channel" (which always uses Channel 6 on
my AP) there's an additional setting: "Channel Bandwidth" that I'd
ignored previously. My AP defaults to "Auto + Ch X", where X varies
depending on which fixed channel id being used. If I change that setting
to "20 MHz", the connection stabilises for long periods of time. I
suspect the Auto + Ch X means that it isn't actually using a fixed
channel after all.

Either way, once the network goes down, the Radio must still be
rebooted, or hacked via the serial port to reload the Atheros blob.