mrw wrote:
> I may have misspoken. It would be enough to restart SqueezePlay, I
> think, if it were possible to do it without triggering the watchdog.
> I suspect that may not be easily done, in any robust manner.
>
> But @ralphy may know better:

You need to stop the watchdog monitoring the squeezeplay.pid file in
watchdog.conf and reboot once for the change to be applied.

Otherwise right after the restart of squeezeplay, the watchdog is still
monitoring the old pid which is no longer valid and the watchdog reboots
the device anyway.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.