P Nelson wrote:

> Hopefully, POMdev will take the initiative to post on the development
> forum.  Without POMdev's support, I would not be much help. Hopefully we
> can prevent these Radios from being sent to e-waste!

I'm not an SB developer, just a user albeit with instrumentation. I
don't dare to intrude on the development forum. I am unfamiliar with and
therefore cannot write an automated install and configuration patch, or
plugin, app, or whatnot. I was hoping one of the senior members on the
'Community-Build-Radio-Firmware/'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111663-Community-Build-Radio-Firmware/)
would volunteer to do so, but these participants are experienced people
who just install and configure the script, and that's it. (One fellow
did, however, develop a clever analysis and 'display package'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97791-Squeezebox-Radio-keeps-losing-wireless-connection-and-won-t-reconnect-any-ideas/page11)
to graph connection failures, but that has been it so far.) They also
seemed busy with new firmware releases, and my latest requests got lost
in the subsequent excitement.

Regarding needing a patch to the firmware, this might work, but what
about the configuration, and who could or would do it? The script was
designed for troubleshooting the wireless connectivity issue. I suppose
an automated install appropriate for many users would by default disable
remote logging. SSH access would be needed to configure remote logging
for troubleshooting, or to modify the script. Could be OK.

In any event, I am happy to provide support in this forum in this, the
Community Build, or other topics. For example, I can try to help you
install the package as it is now.