slartibartfast wrote:
> I tried installing the patch on my second Radio from /usr and it
> wouldn't install so I moved it to /usr/share and I still needed to add
> -p1 to the patch command. The path inside the patch has no / before
> share so that could be the reason. The patch installer has no problem
> with it though.

Maybe another way:
in case you have access to some type of webserver:
you could write your own repo.xml, copy the repo.xml and the patch to
your webserver, update the install.xml to maxversion * and add your own
repo.xml address to the list of repositories in LMS...

Long-time ago I patched the weather-applet for radios / touches and
moved it to my own webserver to install the patched weather-applet (that
was before the end of wunderground as public service).

I tried it recently with the orange color highlight patch (for the
community firmware) and it worked...

The problem of most patches is currently that they all have the
maxversion 7*.... Although they work in 8* firmwares...