Redrum wrote:
> without schematics it might be wrong to assume this, but if we did
> assume that the current draw of the radio electronics (CPU, networking,
> audio amp) were the same either on battery or line power...
>
> We could use a kill-a-watt and measure the current/power usage at "off"
> (long press) and compare that with "sleep off" (clock). The DC supply is
> going to consume some power regardless, so we could also measure the
> supply unplugged. I would think it best that no battery be present so
> any current draw for the charging circuit would not come into play.
>
> I have a Kll-a-watt and can do this. Why do I have this feeling we
> chatted about the Kill-a-watt before? I remember being asked how low a
> current resolution it could measure, I'll have to look back at old
> posts.
>
> The other option is to use an ammeter in line between the radio and
> battery. Do I remember that the UE Radios had a "jumper" connector
> (because the battery was included when shipped) maybe could be used for
> this?
>
> Jim

I do remember discussing the Kill-a-watt, I was considering buying one
but never did. It would be interesting to see the difference in power
between playing music and idle as well. I think someone recently
mentioned a similar device that jumped between 0 and 4 Watts on a Pi
with nothing in between. A Kill-a-watt must have more resolution than
that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk