I installed the Community firmware on the Radio. I didn't expect it to
solve my odd and obscure problem, so I was not disappointed when it
didn't. I hoped there might be a chance that my issue had been part of
some larger and more significant issue, which had been fixed; but no.

I do not expect to fix the issue myself or convince anyone else to
tackle it. It's very minor, and obviously it has not been a problem for
anyone else.

So I am only interested in finding a way to get the screensaver on my
Radio working again, after the display has been hijacked by the Now
Playing screen from the player controlled by the Radio. I can easily
achieve that by pressing the Home button on the Radio itself or on a
remote. But I am extraordinarily lazy, so I seek a way to automate that
task. As stated earlier, I can easily run a command when the other
player starts playing, and that command can send telnet messages to the
LMS cli or ssh into the Radio.

So, can anybody think of a way to achieve that? I have found one that
works, but it requires brute force and it's not as smooth as I would
like. I can set up a script to ssh into the Radio and reboot it. That
achieves my goal of getting the clock screensaver back on the Radio's
display, after an interval of time that includes playing the Radio
startup tones.

I would be very interested in hearing any other ideas about how to get
the Radio screensaver to work again in this situation. (In brief: the
radio is set to control another player. When that player starts playing,
the Now Playing display is shown on the Radio, and it never times out,
so the clock screensaver never appears until the other player stops,
UNLESS the Home button is pressed on the Radio or a remote. More detail
in post #1)

Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual
players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio,
Boom or Classic.