Hello Adrian and Others,

On the Erlang list I asked what they thought about a ragel backend. One
answer I got was

The thing it (ragel) lacks that Erlang has, is selective message reception.
> This allows Erlang to ignore a message in its inbox, and keep waiting
> for the desired message. In coordination problems, this is a great
> way to avoid complexity explosion.
>
> I gave a talk about that a while ago:
>
> http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Death-by-Accidental-Complexity<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Death-by-Accidental-Complexity&usg=AFQjCNGPS4RkGk8l3Z0uEd8oKLvcu826mA>

[8th message by Ulf Wiger here
http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/browse_thread/thread/f35ae73f59bd0835]

So I guess the question is "Whats the standard 'design-pattern' to ignore
everything-except-A and stay put?"