Nice one.  I totally missed the reference!  (Perhaps I'm not playing
enough violent video games... ;)

Yes that's pretty much what I meant by #2.  My overall point was that
a lot of developers misunderstand what code coverage means, and I
really like the idea of the Cx scale which helps to explain what the
mysterious coverage metric actually tells you.

The thing is that even if  you have 100% coverage, this really tells
you nothing about the quality of your tests.  Heckle takes the
coverage concept further and mutates your code and fails if a test
doesn't break.  This helps you write better tests by adding
appropriate assertions.

That said you still need to manually check your tests are actually
testing the right thing...

Josh