> Nice one. I'm trying to get in contact with some of the other speakers too.
>
> Also Tuesday meetup, whoo!

Given we now have something in the order of 4 lightning talks, a
presentation from an interstate guest, and probable attendance from
Avi Bryant (and other JAOO speakers?), it would be awesome to rustle
up the funding for our own bar.

We need to guarantee a $1000 spend (incl food) to the Trinity for them
to open the bar upstairs for us. This will save you trooping
downstairs every time you want another drink (thus missing valuable
Ruby goodness) and spilling your round all the way back up the stairs
(thus annoying your mates).

This is more usually the kind of thing that's discussed on the
organisers list (which anyone interested is welcome to join) but given
the time constraints I just want to get it out there.

Can we get $1000 from a source, or sources, in the next few hours so
we can have a bar? Anybody got the hookup for sponsorship? Any
agencies or companies willing to pitch in $100 each?

We need to know immediately if we're to convince the Trinity to put on
another staff member for the night.

Respond here to receive community love even if we don't manage to get
the money together ;)