> Also the last.fm posts shows that they have these status screens all
> across their office - trac ticket status, last commit, load graphs
> etc. Does anyone know of any open source tools that would be used for
> office status displays like that?
We  use stuff like that internally at Atlassian. Every team has a big
dashboard displaying build status, recent commits, test coverage etc.
It's not as pretty as Panic's [1] yet, but we're working on it.

I don't want to sound like I'm advertising, but if you used Atlassian
tools you could probably make your own with a bunch of gadgets on a
single page. Of course, you can do similar with a bunch of other tools
too, you'd just have to mashup up their content yourself rather than
use existing gadgets. Worth it for a good status board, I'd say.

[1] http://www.panic.com/blog/2010/03/the-panic-status-board/