On 26 April 2010 09:52, Simon Macneall <macne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, that's not modeled after any C++ I know. C++ lets you define access
> levels on a per function basis too.

Oh, sorry. Typically I see C++ written like this:

class C
{
  public:
    int a();
    int b();
    int c();
  private:
    int a_helper();
    int my_x;
    int my_y;
    int my_z;
}

Where the public and private labels work like they do in Ruby. That's
what I was referring to. Whether or not C++ can do it differently,
that's what I typically see in C++ code.

> as a side note un-POLS? What's that mean?

Ruby started out trying to adhere to the Principle of Least Surprise.
A human-computer interaction philosophy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_(programming_language)#Philosophy

Apparently Matz later acknowledged that it was more satisfying his
personal internal expectations than shared communal expectations.

--
Gregory McIntyre