Can't believe someone asked that. The anticipation was killing me.
Alright here it goes!

It can mean one of two things: FUD
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt) as a
mechanism of defense, or bad programmers. Yeah, there's no third
option.

In the first case, it happens when an already established team of
programmers who use a different framework (more often than not,
ASP.NET or Spring) feel threatened and then they seek the one tangent
in the whole idea that, admittedly, can be a problem, as the mean to
convince the higher ups NOT to make a switch that could compromise
their position.

In the latter, it's when framework programmers - people who can write
code in the context of a framework but are rather shitty outside of
that - do things like loading every record in the database with a
Model.all (talking ActiveRecord here) for 3 models. Then the response
takes time to render and they think it's the framework's fault when in
reality they don't know how to use the tool. This is but one example
among an ocean of bad practices that the vast majority of Rails devs
do every day.

At this point in time, there's likely an answer for almost every Rails
problem you could have. It's all a matter of how well informed you
are, and how well you can code and understand what's going on with
your abstractions. Everything stems from that.

@Mark Wotton: EventMachine. And ah yeah, proper coding.

http://crazyhollywood.org