(please respond directly to me, not the group)

Company : News Digital Media
On-site at:  Liverpool Street, Sydney
Rate: Between 400 and 700, depending on how much (good) experience you
bring
Duration: 6 months contract, expect to extend to 12 months
Seniority: Will take Junior or Senior, prefer senior

The successful candidate will be working as an integral part of an
agile software development team.

Unlike traditional roles, the candidate will be involved from planning
through to deployment.  He/she will attend requirements sessions, user
experience design workshops and will build tests at the same time as
each feature is built (before development is complete).

The test suite will be built using Selenium at some level (either the
original or the emerging webdriver version).

It is likely but not guaranteed that a scripting and/or BDD layer will
also be employed.  Depending on early trials, we may or may not use
the Ruby API.  In-house skills are Java, this will play a part in our
ultimate decision but we are keeping an open mind.

The successful candidate will be comfortable developing value-add
planning/reporting/tracking functionality around Selenium as required
and integrating into productivity tools and/or IDE.

Must have:

        ⁃       Web software development background
        ⁃       Experience in developing functional web tests

Strongly desirable

        ⁃       Significant experience with developing tests using the
Selenium API (Java, Ruby..)
        ⁃       Experience on (failed or successful) agile projects
        ⁃       Exposure to behaviour-driven and/or test-driven
development exposure
        ⁃       Cucumber, Capybara or similar tools

The candidate will be asked to discuss:

        ⁃       The challenges in developing and maintaining
functional test suites for web apps
        -       Strategies/techniques for building resilient tests
(that don't break when a div moves or changes sequence!)
        ⁃       The difference between various types of automated
tests: unit, integration, functional and acceptance
        ⁃       The shortcomings of Selenium (or similar tools) and
how the candidate might overcome these