Rather, from the original question, the problem as I see it is there's a
misunderstanding of what has to be done in order to solve the problem.

What the model does in the back-end doesn't have to be replicated in the
view. Possibly what you'll have is, say, deleting an instance in JS should
remove a row in a <table>. That's nothing the actual Ruby class should even
care about.

And take a look at backbone.js.

http://awesomebydesign.com