Interesting enough, just read this tweet (originally in Chinese):
http://twitter.com/#!/huandu/status/56415712939487233

@huandu: I was so lucky to talk to Evan Weaver in the QCon (in China)
on 7/4, learned the following facts:

- The Google real time search data source is pushed by twitter proactively;

- One of the reasons to abandon RoR is that twitter is using less
pages now, mostly are API/ajax. so they cannot be benefited from RoR
as before.

The preference of technology used can really be changed by the
development of browser.

Regards,
Wei Feng

03 9005 3441 | M 0413 658 250 | win...@gmail.com | http://wei.feng.id.au