I guess a helper feels a bit restrictive to me. I guess ideally it should
just work like regular routes. The object has all the information it needs
to generate a valid route. Also I've got a bunch of URLs for other actions
like:

    [:branch, repo]

Helpers would get really complicated in that case and also you'd have to
keep mimicking Rails' conventions (like when link_to takes a block for the
caption).

The idea with overriding the *_path helpers is that anywhere I linked to a
repo it would produce a pretty URL (and also in mailers where the full url
is needed).

I guess this sounds simple on the surface but I've been doing what I do best
and Googling a lot but nobody seems to have a clean solution (or isn't
sharing it).

Chris